Monday, September 15, 2008

This Is My Song

I cannot imagine life without music. Many on my dad's side of the family either played an instrument or sang, or both! My dad had his own dixieland band and played for many years, so I grew up singing along to Mitch Miller and Lawrence Welk. As an adult, I followed along the same path. My husband and I made a living at music for 25 years! We played in bars, nightclubs, motel lounges and fraternal clubs around the midwest. Our music was a mix of country, big band and light Rock & Roll. But in February 1995, something happened that changed my whole life! I found Jesus, and from that moment on, nothing would ever be the same! My desire for smoke filled barrooms and nightclub lounges were gone. So was my desire to sing songs about cheating and drinking, or any other vice. One thing that remained was my love for music and my desire to sing. Only now, instead of singing songs to the devil, I want to sing songs to the Lord! The Bible says, "Sing to the Lord, a new song", and that's what I'm doing!

4 Comments:

Blogger JanAl said...

love your layout! i just wanted to be the 1st to comment on your blog! hehe!!haha!!

September 15, 2008 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

Hi!

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited and wary, because I have learned that blogs can invite some very lively posts! I love this layout too, but I'm having trouble adding links. My sister site, Dawlville, had a link sidebar already there. Any suggestions? I'm sooo computer illiterate!
Blessings! Nan

September 15, 2008 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Hi!

Heidi and I read this post and I never get tired of hearing the story of when you found the Lord I have heard it quite a few times but every time it touches me in a different way! You are an amazing person and the best grandma!!

December 10, 2008 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Hi Syd!

Thanks for your comments! You are a wonderful granddaughter as well!
In a world where most kids don't get the truth about Heaven and Hell, I'm glad that all the adults in our family are saved and can testify to the truth about salvation in Christ alone as the substitute for our sins. It's the only thing in the world that sounds too good to be true... but it really is true! I'm glad you know that it's true and have trusted Jesus, even at your young age! We'll someday be in heaven together with all our other believing family, but most of all with the Lord! Love ya, Grandma

January 7, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home