Thursday, October 16, 2008

I've Arrived!

Well, I am now able to make the case for my senior discount at restaurants and even the Goodwill store! I really didn't have a problem with hitting age 55. The problem had already begun a year earlier, when people were asking me if I qualified for the senior discount! That's when I found myself looking in the mirror more often. I became acutely aware of each new wrinkle. And my hair seemed to be a little too gray! The word Botox had a nice ring to it!
However in all honesty, I really am having the time of my life! I am very young at heart. I'm doing things I love to do; squaredancing, rollerskating, singing, blogging, and playing with dolls.....yes dolls! (see Dawlville)
This thing called old age....what's God got to do with it? For starters, He's allowed me to live here long enough to get the senior discount! Most importantly, His Word is abundant on this topic! For instance, He tells me in Prov.16:31, "Gray hair is a crown of glory"! Ps. 71:9 shares with me, "Do not cast me off in my old age; forsake me not when my strength is spent" . Is. 46:4 reassures me, " Even to your old age I am He. And to gray hairs, I will carry you. I have made and I will bear. I will carry and I will save". And Ps. 90:10 gives me a great example of God's sovereignty over His creation, " The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength, eighty. Yet their span is but toil and trouble. They are soon gone and we fly away".
I don't know how many years my Lord has planned for me to be here, but I know that my days are numbered. In the midst of these years, I'll experience toil and trouble. But I rest fully in the knowledge that I am His, through His Son, Jesus Christ. And, "Some glad morning when this life is o're...I'll fly away" !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home